Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Snow Falling on a Sleepless Night, by Carlos


Snow fell last night
like silent doves descending from heaven’s realm.
For one brief moment, the voices of angry men subsided,
and the weary slumbered, cocooned within folds of peace.
Empty promises and shattered dreams flew off.
The recent dead again reposed like opalescent bubbles in frozen lakes.
And spectral omens flew off, declaring no more of darkness, no more of fears.
Prayers and hope for our land broke out from wounded hearts.
Men and women of stolid hopes again looked up, declaring,
We shall not fall as pawns.
We shall not despair the ebbing of the light.
For like the snow quietly descending from above,
so shall we our joy proclaim,
as we restore what we have lost.
Let the bugle, therefore, rent the clouds above;
let the snows purge the world anew,
cloaking us with conviction,
that beneath a mantle of pristine white,
we may again rejoice.

© 21 Nov 2016 

About the Autho

Cervantes wrote, “I know who I am and who I may choose to be.”  In spite of my constant quest to live up to this proposition, I often falter.  I am a man who has been defined as sensitive, intuitive, and altruistic, but I have also been defined as being too shy, too retrospective, too pragmatic.  Something I know to be true. I am a survivor, a contradictory balance of a realist and a dreamer, and on occasions, quite charming.  Nevertheless, I often ask Spirit to keep His arms around my shoulder and His hand over my mouth.  My heroes range from Henry David Thoreau to Sheldon Cooper, and I always have time to watch Big Bang Theory or Under the Tuscan Sun.  I am a pragmatic romantic and a consummate lover of ideas and words, nature and time.  My beloved husband and our three rambunctious cocker spaniels are the souls that populate my heart. I could spend the rest of my life restoring our Victorian home, planting tomatoes, and lying under coconut palms on tropical sands.  I believe in Spirit, and have zero tolerance for irresponsibility, victim’s mentalities, political and religious orthodoxy, and intentional cruelty.  I am always on the look-out for friends, people who find that life just doesn’t get any better than breaking bread together and finding humor in the world around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment